In summary,

3 sisters. 1 and a half dude. Bottomless tummies. Our gastronomic adventure.

Add

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kuey Tiao Goreng @ Restoran Doli, TTDI.

If you are like me and are a true food connoiseur (yeah right), you would have heard of Restoran Doli in Taiping. People would say that if you were in Taiping the trip would never be complete without going to Restoran Doli for their kuey tiao goreng.

Ever since relocating back to KL since 3 years back I have had no reason to go back to Taiping. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I found out that the owners of Restoran Doli had decided to open a branch here in Taman Tun Dr Ismail!



The kuey tiao goreng tastes just as good as I remember -- perhaps even better because the "special" version has a generous helping of prawns and eggs. Another good reason to go eat at TTDI's Restoran Doli would be for their chicken rice, which is superb. I am always weak for chicken rice so when I find a good shop for it, I usually keep it at the top of my list.

P/S I love the black ketchup that accompanies the chicken rice because it is usually laced with cili padi. Mwahahahaha.





Our overall verdict with regards to :

The Food : 8/10. You come here only for either the kuey tiao goreng or the chicken rice. Menu isn't extensive -- they might have mee rebus or mee sup but that is just about it. But for the limited variety of food they have the taste isn't compromised at all.

The Ambience : 7/10. It is clean and does not appear to be cluttered. A typical restaurant with simple trimmings. It is well ventilated which is a plus.

The Location : 8/10. It is located in TTDI right opposite the Primanora Medical Centre. Parking might be an issue on busy nights but nothing too difficult. My only gripe is that it isn't directly across my house.

The Pricing : Decently priced. A special plate of kuey tiao goreng is about RM5 if I recall correctly.

Baby-friendly? : There are baby chairs, and the whole place is catered for families so if you kid screams no one is really going to tell you off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment